In June, Little Jo and I joined Ben and his soccer girls on a trip to Cedar City, UT for a soccer camp.
I love going because I do not have to do any coaching. I get to just come and enjoy a few days of no cooking or cleaning, watch a few soccer games, and visit with some good friends. I love going back to Cedar City it brings back some great memories!We stayed in the dorms on SUU's campus and Little Jo had fun exploring and climbing on and in basically anything she could reach.
While we were there we had the opportunity to go play at Park Discovery. Jocelyn was pretty exhausted and it was a fairly hot day so unfortunately we did not get to stay too long. Her favorite thing to do at the park hands down has always been the slides. She went down a pretty fast one at this park and she popped out looking terrified, however, she went right back up and tried it again and enjoyed it much more the following times. This girl has no fear when it comes to sliding and climbing.
However, she is petrified of swings. We put her into one every time we go to a park and she is slowly warming up to them. She does not mind them if she is barely moving. It is when she is swinging moderately high and going back and forth more than once when she begins to get scared.
Park Discovery has a really fun swing and it was the first time that she sat content and let me swing her back and forth more than twice without her
scrunching up her face in fright.
Of course Daddy has to get in on the climbing as well...now we know where Little Jo has picked up her adventurous side!Little Jo and I also got the chance to go swimming in Cedar City's aquatic center. It was a BLAST! They had a shallow kiddie area with slides, and different water activities for her to engage in. They also had a lazy river that JoJo loved. I would just support her belly or back and let her float around. She even voluntarily put her own face into the water and would kick her little legs trying to swim.
Once we returned from our excursion our Little Jo made two visits to the Urgent Care. Once for bilateral bacterial conjunctivitis and the second time a few days later for Strep Throat. We had fun Cedar City, however, the next time we visit please do not share all of your germs with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment