Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Please Send a Rabbit Foot

Little Jo officially knows how to remove any piece of clothing that we put on her, unless it has buttons. She can remove snaps and zippers, and even her own diaper. For the last month or so we have woken up to a naked Jo and have felt pretty lucky that at least she keeps her diaper on. She even knows how to put her pants back on and occasionally after waking up from her nap time we would walk in to find her with her pants inside out and backwards.
 You hear of the unpleasant stories parents like to share where their children take off their diaper and do unsanitary, unmentionable things with their poop. Well we have been pretty lucky because our daughter has been overall been a pretty well behaved little girl and has not gotten into much trouble with much of anything. Her naughty list consists mainly of throwing a toy, choosing not to eat her dinner, not wanting to go to bed, trying to run away at the grocery store because she wont sit in the cart, hitting the dogs or her parents when she is upset. All things that a normal toddler does.
 Well our luck wore out on the morning of February 1. We found a relatively clean Jo but a wonderful finger painting job on the side of her crib.
 Hoping it was a one time occurrence Ben and I cleaned up Jo's room and gave her a nice bath. Even sort of giggled about it a little later on that afternoon.
There was no giggling this morning when I went in to get Jo and found...this! Two mornings in a row and progressively getting worse! I went in and got Jo in the shower and soaped her up really good and washed her off. After she was all clean I wrapped her up in a towel and started drying her off. After she was all dry i went to give her a kiss and I got a whiff of this overwhelming poop smell. So, it was into the tub to soak. We now have a clean Jo again. Here's to hoping that it will last and tomorrow morning is cleaner. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, makes me want to be a parent sooner! Too bad she keeps wearing footie pajamas, I've heard putting pajamas on backwards keeps kids from taking them off. She's just getting too smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed for 30 minutes. She will theses pictures when she is a teen ager.

    ReplyDelete