Monday, January 8, 2018

A Sick Sister

Poor Jocelyn caught a stomach bug a few weeks ago. She threw up one evening after dinner. I had worked the night before and was working again that night. I was hoping it was just a one time occurrence so that I could still send the girls to the babysitters the next morning and get a nap. I went to work and Ben texted me telling me that Jocelyn had fallen asleep on her own early. Even her little sister couldn't wake her up!
Jocelyn slept through the night. Ben woke up and came out of the bedroom the next morning to an overwhelming smell of puke. He said it looked like she had just stood up in bed thrown up all over her blankets, pajamas, and the carpet and then laid back down. When I got home Ben had it all cleaned up for me. I kept the girls home and did my best to stay awake. I sat down on the couch, I swear for a minute, and passed out for maybe twenty minutes. I woke up to Bridget bringing me little tiny pieces of a shattered Christmas ball ornament. It was a difficult 24 hours, but somehow we made it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment