At thirteen weeks in my pregnancy, I had an ultrasound for fetal dating. Everything looked good with baby! Ben and I decided it was a good time to let the girls know about our exciting news.
Ben decided that we would have a Lego building night and everyone would make themselves out of Lego people. Once everyone was done creating themselves we took a picture of our little Lego family. Ben told the girls that something was missing. He pulled out a little Lego baby and added it to our family. The girls were really confused and said What? A baby? Ben told them that I was pregnant. Bridget just sat in her chair smiling and Jocelyn immediately replied, Mom is not pregnant." She totally did not believe us!
It took a while to convince Jocelyn that it was not a joke and I really was pregnant. We showed her the ultrasound pictures and she said, "No, way that is someone else's baby. How can Mom be pregnant she does not even have a belly?" We explained to her how the baby starts small and as the baby grows my belly will get bigger as well.
Bridget on the other hand, believed us when we told her I was pregnant. But, after looking at the ultrasound picture she thought the baby looked like a dog. So, after convincing Jocelyn that we were in fact having another baby and convincing Bridget that it was an actual baby growing in my belly, we were ready to share the news with everyone else! We took a few pictures and sent it would to family and shared it to social media! It was so much fun to share out exciting news!










No comments:
Post a Comment