Thursday, July 2, 2015

An Official Introduction

I do not believe that we have ever officially introduced our new pet. 
This is Goliatha, Gully for short, because I am not particularly fond of her long name. She is our Bearded Dragon. She is around 6 years old and we adopted her a little into this last school year.
 She was Ben's classroom pet for the school year and Little Jo loved going on walks to visit Dad at school and also loved to see Gully. Every time she would see her she would get so excited and shout out, "Hi Bree!" (At the time, all animals were Bree, she is too smart to make that mistake currently; which is slightly unfortunate because it was adorable)! Little Jo would get so frustrated when Gully was in the cage and she could not do anything but look at her.
Gully was brought home to spend the summer here at our house.
Little Jo has loved having her at home. She loves to see her and is always trying to pet her or poke her face. The other day she even wanted to try to get Gully to play with her and dropped a ball on top of her. Gully was not too fond of that.
Gully loves to get out of the cage and bask in the sun on the concrete. This is usually where we will feed her. I feed her strawberries and let Ben feed her the live worms (by worms, I mean super meal worms).
 Since we live in a remote town and there are no pet stores close by we have to order her worms online off of Amazon. We order them by the 1,000. They do not deliver to homes here so we have to pick up our packages at the post office. This last package I went to pick up really freaked out the lady working at the post office. She told me she almost dropped the box and asked why I did not warn her! The nastiest part about getting the worms is listening to them before the box is even opened, crawling over each other. We keep them in a Tupperware with rotting fruit that they can munch on, so they do not eat each other. It is one of the most unpleasant things about owning a lizard. Ben wouldn't touch the worms at first, but has gotten use to it and will actually pick them up now. He is a brave soul.
Since she has joined us at our house I finally got the nerve to hold her. I figure if Jo can pet her then I can definitely be brave enough to touch her as well.
  I have actually grown quite fond of our little Dragon friend and really enjoy having her as a pet.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you have to live in Arizona to enjoy something as ugly as that but if little Jo thinks it is OK then I guess I can be OK with it. She is growing up too fast. Can't wait to see her at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete