Saturday, August 1, 2015

Jungle Jim's

When we were up in July for Travis and Lisa's wedding Ben and I wanted to do something exciting for Jo. What I really wanted was to go to Lagoon, but, that idea got shut down because it just so happened that Travis and Lisa were going there that same day for their Honeymoon. I looked around for something fun to do and came across Jungle Jim's.
Ben and I invited my Mom, Sheena, and her kids to come along. It is not very big and only has a few rides but the kids LOVED it. It was also nice to see how Jo did on the rides because it gave us a good idea of how Disneyland we be.
Adults are able to hop onto the rides with the children. This sounded more appealing then it actually was because it was a pretty cramped fit.
Somehow we made it work.
I was nervous to let Jo go on the swings by herself in case she decided to randomly bail while the ride was still moving. I asked Sheena to ride behind her and I rode in front of her. The swings were only a foot the most above the ground and the employee told us we could not drag our feet. Let me just say that it was the most uncomfortable ride EVER! We had to cram our hips into those suckers, sit on one butt cheek, while keeping our legs from dragging. All that worry was for naught because Little Jo did not even attempt to make a break for it.

After riding a few rides we headed on over to the jump house, slides and toddler play area.
They got to jump on a trampoline,
crawl through tunnels,
and take turns driving the school bus, which they managed to do pretty well.
We had fun but worked up quite an appetite.
We stopped off at Arby's to pick up some lunch and then headed over to Wheeler Farm for a picnic lunch.
Jo enjoyed watching the animals, but, really had no desire to get near them.




We had a lot of fun, thanks for joining us!

2 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say it wasn't completely our fault you didn't go to Lagoon.

    ReplyDelete