One Month Stats
Weight: 9lb 7.5oz 35%
Height: 22.25 79%
Head Circumference: 37.25cm 53%
Well Baby B's one month has officially come and gone. Her appointment was not at one month it was about a week later because the Doctor's office was so busy. This girl love love loves to be held and snuggled while she sleeps. She does not like to be put down very often and spends many hours strapped to my chest in the baby carrier so I can get things done. I have gotten pretty good at fitting both kiddos on my lap to rock Jo for nap time and bedtime. Baby B is also pretty good about just laying on Jo's bed at night to rock occasionally as well.
Jo and Bridget are pretty good about taking a nap the same time in the afternoon so that I can take a nap. Bridget is still cluster feeding until 12:30 or 1:00 almost every night and then wakes up once in the night to eat before Jo is in my room around 7 or 7:30 ready to start the day. So, those naps are usually very needed!
Breastfeeding is starting to get a little easier. I had a few moments where I thought I was not going to continue because of the pain. I was seriously ready to quit. I had to keep telling myself how nice it was with Jo and how great it is for my baby (plus the money I am saving by not having to buy formula). This girl thinks she has to nurse to fall asleep and occasionally her cluster feeding feels like just a continuous four hour nursing session. She is giving me at night around a five to six hour stretch which is great after her marathon nursing session. She also still will not take a pacifier, not giving up on that yet!
She also use to not like her swing but she is finally starting to sit in it for longer periods of time and take an occasional nap in it. She is becoming more observant and loves to look up and stare at the mobile and mirror on her swing.
Jo has been so helpful wanting to hold her (which is sometimes not so helpful), change diapers, helping bath her. She helps unload the dishwasher, loads the washer and dryer for me, carries laundry to the couch and attempts to fold it. Which usually means it ends up strewn across the living room. It is the thought that counts right!
We sure do love this sweet girl and are so glad she is part of our family. Happy one month love bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment