Nap time was not quite as much as a struggle as bedtime. I thought possibly she was outgrowing her nap time. One day we got back late from visiting teaching and I let her skip her nap. At five I started making dinner, she has decided she loves to bounce herself in the baby bounce chair, and was having a blast bouncing away.
I looked over to check on her and she had bounced herself to sleep. Ben came home about twenty minutes later and when he came in she stirred and in her sleep started bouncing herself again. We were laughing so hard and tried to record it. Unfortunately, our giggling woke her up enough that she stopped bouncing as she peered from under her heavy eyelids.
The rest of the evening was quite an emotional one. While Ben was here she kept telling him to leave her alone. When Ben had to leave after dinner she cried and cried saying, "Don't leave Daddy, please don't go," while she held on tight to his leg. I thought what would have been an easy bedtime ended up being a pretty rough one. I always call Jo our silly girl, but the other day she informed me that she is not silly, she is a crazy girl. So, here's to our crazy girl and the hope that bedtime will once again be around eight.

No comments:
Post a Comment