Christmas morning came a little later at our house. Our girls did not wake up until close to 9AM. That may have been because there was a lot of tears when going to bed on Christmas Eve. Tears caused from a little too much excitement and anticipation for what was going to happen the next morning.
Jocelyn was the first one to come out of her room. Instead of coming and getting Ben and I she headed right to the tree and immediately began ripping open the presents. I bolted out of bed and stopped her before she did too much damage. Luckily she had only opened up one present; unfortunately it was one of Bridget's.
Bridget did not seem to care too much and thoroughly enjoyed opening the remainder of her presents.Santa knew exactly what to bring the girls for Christmas. Bridget got a stroller and her own baby doll and Jocelyn got her new Minnie bike that she had asked Santa for.
Jocelyn also loves to play doctor and was given a doctor set. Everyone got a check up including most of her stuffed animals.
Bridget was the first to get a check-up.
The girls had fun playing with each others toys as well. Since Jocelyn got a big girl bike she decided to give her red trike to Bridget. Christmas day was such beautiful weather we even got to take the new bike out for a spin.
We took a quick break playing with all the new toys to have the traditional raspberry filled powdered donuts, sausage, eggs, and some fruit.
Cheers to Delicious!
We also bought these limited time cocoa donuts and boy were they tasty.
Bridget ate half the bag and we had to hide it part way through breakfast so she would stop asking for more.
It was the perfect morning. After breakfast Ben set up their Mickey and the Roaster racers work bench. That is our mystery present that we have no idea where it came from or if it was even meant for us. I ordered a closet rod close to the end of November and amazon informed me that my package had arrived. I went to the post office to pick it up and there was only one package their. It was a large square box. When I got to my car I opened and noticed that it was not my curtain rod. I immediately thought oh it must be from Zac and Christina. Later that day amazon informed me that my package containing the closet rod had been picked up from the post office. I went back two days later and they said it was delivered over the counter the day I had picked up Mickey and the roadster racers. I went home and sent amazon an email because I thought that someone else probably had just picked up my closet rod. They apologized and sent me a new one free of charge. On Christmas morning Ben sent a picture of the girls playing with their work bench to Zac and Christina. Later we called and wished them a Merry Christmas and Jocelyn said thank you for my present. Zac told her that she had not gotten her present and Papa was going to bring it out with him when he came to visit. Ben and I came to the conclusion that possibly amazon accidently switched our original order for a $12 closet rod to give us this $70 dollar toy. Since there was no record of us purchasing it they would not accept it back. So, thanks amazon for the Christmas present.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment