Monday, January 2, 2017

Home for Christmas




This year Ben and I decided to have Christmas morning at our own house. This is the first year that Ben and I had Christmas together in our house without me having to work Christmas. It was so nice just being home together as a family. 
Jo woke up first around 8:30 and headed right into the living room to open up presents. Ben heard her and went out and saw her trying to dig into my stocking.


Bridget woke up right after Jo and we all came out to open up presents.
First we took a few pictures in front of the tree.
Then it was time to start opening.
Bridget did a really good job opening up her gifts. She really got into tearing the paper off the present. I think what motivated her was because she wanted to eat the paper. Every time she got a good chunk it would go straight to her mouth. When I took the piece away she would immediately rip off another piece.
 Nothing like tasty wrapping paper!
 Jo was really cute and got so excited with every present she opened. If she did not know what it was at first she would say, "Oh, I love my new one!"
After opening presents we had some breakfast with, of course, raspberry powdered donuts. Then we played with toys, read new books, played new games, and watched a new movie "The Secret Life of Pets" all while hanging out in our pajamas.
Ben and I also made our first turkey. You could call it cheating because it was a turkey roast. However, it turned out delicious!
Jo was not a big fan of dinner which could be because she just kept filling up on donuts. After breakfast we had two left. Ben and I found Jo in the afternoon snacking on a donut hiding in the corner by the dining room table. I told her she was fine and did not have to hide. A few hours following that incident I was in the kitchen with Ben cleaning up dinner and I noticed the lid to the donut box was open. I walked over to close it and noticed it was empty. I asked Ben if he had eaten the last donut and he said no. I then called Jo's name and she did not reply. I found her hiding in her fort eating the final donut! Which I might add was suppose to be mine!
Ben gave me a really beautiful ring with three hearts on it. One heart for him and a heart for each of my girls.
I gave Ben some remote control rock 'em sock 'em robots that we had fun playing with.
Here is Bridget sitting in her new bouncy chair. This was an unexpected Christmas present! (Jocelyn was bouncing on the old one and snapped it right in half).
After dinner we built a fort and everyone had to pile in.
We sure had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment