Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Bridget: 9-10 Months

Bridget is growing up so fast! I feel like time is just racing by. 
Here are her 9 month stats from her well child check (since I am so behind)!
Weight: 17 lb 1oz (50th percentile)
Height: 29 inches (92nd percentile)
Head Circumference: 17.25 inches (50th percentile)
Our little Bridget is so crazy! She is all over the place!!! She crawls to the bathroom to unroll the toilet paper and eat it. She crawls to the kitchen and opens up the cupboards. She crawls to the dog food and eats it (which we try to keep out of sight and put it in our bathroom). She will stand up by the TV stand and grab the side of our TV and shake it. This girl is such a handful some days! I feel like I am chasing her down constantly. I put her back in the living room and then she is onto the next mischievous thing. If I tell her not to do something she thinks it is hilarious and will laugh. She also will start crawling faster or removing items from the cupboard quicker if she knows I am coming for her.
She is free standing and can push up to standing from the floor now. She has not tried to take any steps, but she will just stand there for a few minutes and then sit on back down and start crawling again.
Bridget is a fairly graceful baby she evaluates a situation before she jumps in. Because of this she really does not fall very often or bump her head too much.  We can see her little brain working trying to figure out the world around her. She will pick up a toy look it over and try to figure out how it works. She loves inspecting doors and watching them open and close or wheels on cars and will watch them spin.
 Most of Bridget's bumps and bruises come from crawling under something and getting stuck, not from falling off something.

She has started to dance and she just giggles and giggles while she bounces up and down.

Bridget can say, "Hi" and when someone is looking at her she will give them the biggest smile. Ben and I can hear her while we are holding her and she will whisper "Hi" to them or just mouth the word. She actually says Mama and not Dada when she babbles! She can also wave. It is a just stick my hand up in the air and hold it wave, but it is still adorable nonetheless.
We are still working on baby sign and she has not started to sign back yet. When she wants to nurse she will come over and pull at my shirt or even head butt my chest and so I have been trying to get her to sign milk to me. She will just get all excited when I do it and head butt more until I let her nurse.
Everything goes in this girls mouth. Little pieces of paper on the floor, toys, dog food, if she sees it then she will put it in her mouth. It is motivation for me to keep my floor super clean and picked up.

A few weeks ago she found a pacifier somewhere and since then she has been playing with it and sticking it in her mouth. It is a little too late to want to take a pacifier girly!

 She has two teeth on the bottom that came in at 9 months. While they were coming in she made the face in the picture below for at least a week straight!

When she gets tired she will take little mini breaks and lay on the floor for a minute and then get back up and go again. She will come over and lay on Ben and I as well. It is really sweet. However, watch out for this girl when she is really tired because she can get violent! She pinches, head butts, and bites! Our little sweet pea is not always so sweet! But, we still love her to death.

We sure love our playful, feisty girl. Her happiness, smile, and constant laughter is so contagious. She is a pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment