Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Sweet Reminder of the Good

On Saturday before Mother's Day, our family went on a day trip to St. George to buy a new shed. While we were there we did a little shopping and stopped at Target.
Jocelyn and I were able to get a cute pair of matching leggings. We got our leggings at Target, but we did not purchase them at Target. Here is how our matching leggings came to be...
Ben and I were shopping in the baby section looking at clothes. Jocelyn, like usual, kept running off and hiding in the clothing racks. It always worries Ben and I when she does this!
We had just gotten Jocelyn back to standing near us when a woman approached me and asked if Jocelyn was my little girl. I told her that she was and all of a sudden she handed me a pair of matching Lularoe leggings. She said here is a pair of leggings for you and one for your daughter. She also handed me her business card. She then stated that if I wanted to look her up on Facebook and follow her I could and if I did not, no worries, she just wanted to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.
Her kindness and generosity were really touching to me. I am so grateful to be reminded that there is still a lot of good in this world. I constantly am worrying about all the awful things that happen in this world and how I am suppose to raise my children in it.
It was such a wonderful reminder that there are so many good people still in our world. I also have the comfort of knowing that I can have a home where the spirit can dwell and it can be a refuge from the world for my family. 
I sure do love these girlies and I am so grateful to be their Mother.    

No comments:

Post a Comment