My parents were kind enough to share their anniversary weekend with us! They rented a house down here in Page and the whole family, minus Ben, who was away on a soccer tournament was able to come down. I would have gladly welcomed everyone into my house. However, it would have been difficult to figure out sleeping arrangements. So, it was good my parents rented a house because family vacations are always much more enjoyable when everyone is well rested.
We spent two fun, full days at Lake Powell.
We all had a blast splashing and swimming in the water.
It was a blast to get out and paddle around the lake. Sheena, John and I took all the young kids minus the babies on a trip out to touch Lone Rock. The kids (Jocelyn included) had fun jumping off the kayaks into the "deep end" of the lake.
We also all got to try something new, paddle boarding! I loved it!
It was difficult at first trying to find your balance on the board while paddling, especially when a boat would drive by and create some little waves. I took a tumble off the paddle board and boy was it hard to get back on again!
While the adults enjoyed the kayaks and paddle board the most. The kids favorite toy was the crocodile. They wrestled that crocodile for hours! It was fun watching them.

We not only had a fun time hanging out at the lake. But, we also had a great time in the evenings. Eating dinner, going out to get Ice cream, and playing games.
Since I have been married, I have never lived close to family, so I have not been able to enjoy the benefits of hopping into the car and arriving at my family's "house" in under five minutes. I am not going to lie it sure was a nice change, even though it was only for a weekend!
We are so glad that you all came to visit with us. We sure do love spending time with family!
We are already looking forward to next year. Hmm how many more months until September?








No comments:
Post a Comment