Last year I told Jocelyn that she was going to get a flu shot and she was so excited! I told her that it would hurt and her level of excitement did not change. That is until she actually got her flu shot. She burst into tears and told me something along the lines of, "Mom, that did not hurt just a little, that hurt a whole lot." So, this year I knew that she would not go willing to the doctors office if she knew she was going to get a flu shot.
She knew that Bridget was going to get a shot and she thought that she was free and clear. She told me that she was going to hold Bridget's hand so that she would not cry. Right before the medical assistant was going to come in to give the shots, I informed Jocelyn that she in fact was going to get one as well. She immediately started crying and got very nervous.
When it was time I put her on the table and she started to kick her legs around. I told her that the medical assistant was a nice lady and did not want to be kicked. She stopped kicking and laid down on the table. I then informed her that I would give her a big hug while they gave her the shot and it would be over quick. I think she was so nervous that she hardly noticed when they gave her the shot.
Jocelyn quickly put on her brave face after her shot, so that she could help Bridget feel better by holding her hand. Bridget only cried for a few seconds and was done. After they got fun stickers, then we left to go to the grocery store so they could each pick out a donut.
Proven fact: Chocolate makes everyone feel better. If you don't believe me go read Harry Potter.
No comments:
Post a Comment