Feeding the Lory Parrots at the Wildlife Zoo was the highlight of our weekend. Since I took so many pictures I gave it its own blog post.
When we first went in Jocelyn really wanted to feed a bird, but every time one came close to landing on her she would get nervous and flinch, so then the bird would decide to land elsewhere.After quite a bit of work we were able to get a bird to land on Jocelyn. When it did, she was so excited!
Bridget enjoyed looking at the birds.
She made kissing noises at the birds.
She even contemplated trying to pet one. It flew away when she started to get too close.
There are three different feeding sessions they offer during the day with the Lory Parrots. Jocelyn asked us if we could go back for the last feeding session. We were so glad that we did!
It was much less crowded and the girls were more comfortable with the birds the second time around.
After a try or two, I even got one of the birds to sit on Jocelyn's shoulder.
Bridget even got to get up close to study the birds.
She even helped hold the apple to feed them.
I even got three birds to come and join me at one point. Ben and I love being able to teach our girls about our beautiful world we live in. We hope they can continue to learn to care and love for this wondrous world that our Heavenly Father created for us.
In the end...
We will conserve only what we love,
We will love only what we understand,
We will understand only what we are taught.
Baba Dioum, Senegalese
No comments:
Post a Comment