Bridget and Jocelyn have two favorite songs right now that they ask for all the time.They dance to the catchy melody and both of them love to sing along. Music can be so powerful and I hope that they can choose good music and learn from the lyrics.
There #2 favorite song is "Roar" by Katy Perry
"I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything
I see it all, I see it now...
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
"No one cane make you feel inferior without your consent"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
I hope my girls can always remember to use their voice. To stand up for what they believe in, and what they feel passionate about. Their opinions matter. I hope that my girls learn to be fighters, determined to fight for what they want in this life until they succeed and become a champion. I hope that they not only fight for what they want; but fight to help protect our earth.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter.
-Martin Luther King Jr.
There #1 favorite song right now is "Glorious" by Macklemore and Skylar Grey.
Here are my favorite lines from this song.
So when I leave here on this earth, did I take more than I gave? Did I look out for the people or did I do it all for fame?
"Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being."
-Kevin Kruse
Things are just things. They don't make you who you are. Can't pack up a U-Haul and take it with you when you're gone.
"If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough."
-Oprah Winfrey
The world is up for grabs.
When I hear this line it is saying to me that there is no limit to what you can achieve in this world. The other day Jocelyn told me that she could be whatever
she wants to be when she grows up. I told her absolutely with hard work she can aspire to be whatever she wants. I hope
that she continues to carry this attitude with her throughout her life.
"Dreams
can come true, but there is a secret. They're realized through the
magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice,
focus and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over
years, not weeks."
Elbert Hubbard
When my girls feel that they may never accomplish there dreams remember...
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
Henry Ford
It is okay to make mistakes as you go through out life trying to figure out what your dreams and desires are. We all are continually making mistakes and that is okay!
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard
Learn from those mistakes.
"It's not how we make mistakes, but how we correct them that defines us."
-Rachel Wolchin
Once you accomplish a goal/dream make a new one and always continue to become more. There is no limit in what you can accomplish.
"If you do what you've always done. You'll get what you've always gotten."
Tony Robbins
There is nothing cuter than my girls singing to the the chorus of the song.
I feel glorious, glorious
Got a chance to start again
I was born for this, born for this
It's who I am, how could I forget?
I made it through the darkest part of the night
And now I see the sunrise
Now I feel glorious, glorious
I feel glorious, glorious
We will all go through different trials in our life and have dark moments. If we look to our loved ones and our savior we can get through the difficult times and see the sunrise again.
When
one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long
at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for
us.
Helen Keller
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
Carl Bard
Music truly sings to my soul. It uplifts me, inspires me, and encourages me.
I make mistakes, I do not always speak up when I should. Sometimes I become stagnant in my life and forget to look forward and set new goals, and to continue to dream. It is great to be happy with our life and we should be able to accept who we are and love ourselves. However, that does not mean that if we are content we cannot aspire to be more then who we are. There is always room for growth.
I hope that I can teach my girls that it is okay to make mistakes, that we can learn and grow from those mistakes. I also hope to teach them to speak up, to dream, and to always persevere through life. My sweet children you are glorious.
No comments:
Post a Comment