We flew over Glen Canyon Dam and of course our quaint town, Page, Arizona. Then headed over to Horseshoe Bend. To be honest we were kind of surprised that Horseshoe Bend is not quite as breathing taking from the sky as it is being on the ground and looking over the side of the cliff.
We circled back around and flew over Page and headed to fly over Lake Powell. I always knew we lived in a beautiful place. But, wow it was nothing short of spectacular flying over Lake Powell.
We mainly flew over the southwest portion of Lake Powell. I loved flying along the shoreline of the lake and seeing all the canyons branch off the lake.
And Tower Butte.
We found a houseboat literally all alone without anyone even remotely nearby. How awesome would that be? To just drive out on the lake and find your own secluded area.
We had such a wonderful time! I took so many pictures it was difficult to try to decide which ones to post on the blog. I was blown away with how beautiful the water, rock formations, and colors were that I could not take pictures quick enough. It was an awesome opportunity and I would do it again in a heart beat, even if I had to pay for it!
Wonderful pictures of your home area, worth every second of flying over the lake and canyon views.
ReplyDelete