Lisa went into the MTC yesterday afternoon. It feels like she opened her mission call yesterday saying she was called to serve in the Korea Daejeon Mission. The weekend she opened her call we searched on google to find out about the culture, the predominate religion, looked at pictures of the city and of course some popular food dishes they eat in Korea (Lisa's favorite part). Lisa even found a free app that taught her a few Korean words including cockroach.
This last weekend I was blessed to be able to attend Lisa's farewell and listen to her share her beautiful testimony and realize my little sister is just not that little anymore. She has grown into a strong, confident, woman and she is going to make a wonderful missionary! Lisa's was asked to share her thoughts on Elaine S. Dalton's talk given this last conference called, "Be Not Moved." One quote that really stuck out to me was, "Young women generations are depending on the choices you make, your purity, and your worthy lives. Be not moved. You have a great destiny before you. This is your moment! I truly believe that one virtuous young woman, led by the spirit, can change the world!" You may never know the impact one person can make in this world...and with Lisa's testimony and her devotion I know she is capable of doing great things!

So Lisa good luck in the MTC learning to say more than just cockroach in Korean and good luck in Korea. Your sweet testimony will touch the hearts of many. You will be in my prayers! God bless you as well as the other missionaries sharing the gospel!
I miss her already but I know she'll bless many lives in Korea. Thanks for being such a great big sister Juliann! She looks up to both of her big sisters so much. You heard her say it, the small choices you made everyday helped shape who she became.
ReplyDelete