I always knew that I had a pretty remarkable woman as my Mother. However, becoming a Mother made me realize that she far surpasses remarkable and there aren't really words to describe just how wonderful of a person she is. I hope that I can show Jocelyn as much love, compassion, wisdom, and love for our Savior and Heavenly Father as this woman did and still does for me. I love you Mom!!!
As for my Mother's Day it went like this...
Jocelyn gave me a present in Relief Society for Mother's Day. She gave me the largest in history of spit ups, not just a spit up but more like projectile vomit. There was a puddle on my shoulder, it was all down my back, all over the chair, on her dress and face and all down my front. She got a pretty good gasp from all the woman sitting behind us. I told the lady directly behind me that she was lucky that it did not hit her. Then to top it all off on the way home from church Jocelyn had a major blow out all over her and her car seat. Which resulted in a grumpy baby because she got cold from getting cleaned up. However, after a nice long nap which in turn gave me a good sized nap (A better Mother's Day present) we got a pretty happy baby.
Ben made me some delicious Pad Thai for dinner. I got to talk to my Mother, one of my Grandma's, and my older sister and wish them a happy Mother's Day. To top it all off this little girl snuggled with me for almost the whole day and gave me some beautiful smiles. This face always makes me feel so happy. I am very grateful for the opportunity to be a Mother. She was the best Mother's Day present!
Thank you Juliann! I hope Jocelyn gives you as much joy as you have given me. Happy 1st Mothers Day!
ReplyDelete