Monday, July 21, 2014

Proud to be an American!

We started off the day at the parade. Jo did really well with all the noises, except the sirens from the firetrucks. They startled her and she had to hold Ben and I's hand pretty tightly. Once they passed she relaxed and was able to enjoy the rest of the parade. She even got a few peices of candy which she was kind enough to give to her Mom and Dad!

After the parade we headed to the park and enjoyed sitting in the shade and watching a marching band perform. Jo even took a nap through the drumming, she was pretty tired. 

I had a not so proud Mom moment this day. Jo got her first sunburn, I know...I felt terrible! Her pants rode up and exposed some of her ankle.

Jo chatting with her Dad.

After the park we walked on down to Ranch House Grille and had a delicious lunch. Jo was pretty fascinated by the American Flag. She is pretty grateful to be born into this country too! 

It started to rain in the evening and we thought that we weren't going to be able to walk down to the golf course to watch the fireworks. We also were concerned how Jo would handle the noise. She tends to startle easily. However, the rain stopped and we decided to take the risk because we didn't want her to miss out on her first firework show. The temperature was perfect, it was a beautiful night!
 
Jo started to get a little drowsy while we were waiting for the fireworks. 

 But once they started and she realized where they were coming from she was all smiles.
And to think we were worried!

 I love fireworks and the fourth of July. But, this fourth I found myself watching Jocelyn more then the actual fireworks. She loved them. She even gave us a few ooo's and ahhh's. It was so great to see her reaction.


 Walking home that night I felt pure joy, I was so happy. I have been so blessed to have been born in this country to a wonderful loving family. Now I have the joy of raising my own daughter with an exceptional husband by my side. Life doesn't get much better than that! It was definitely the best fourth of July ever! Here's to many more!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Wish I could have been there to hear the ooo's and ahh's. It's good to take time to pause and count our blessings. In one of these pictures I thought Jo had some major static electricity going on and her hair was turning white but on closer look I realized it was Ben's shirt.

    ReplyDelete