After driving around, we parked and headed over to visit the animals in the walk through section. Probably the coolest thing that we did was having the opportunity to feed the Otters.
The Otters knew that it was about time to eat and kept popping up out of the water.Jo loved it and thought that they were playing Peek-A-Boo with her.
I was not super thrilled about having to touch a fish.
I did want to feed the otters though. I decided to be a good sport and pick up a fish. Ben told me not to look disgusted because he doesn't want Jo to be paranoid about things like touching a fish like I am. 
So...here is a picture of me smiling being a good example to my child.One of the otters caught our fish right out of the air and gobbled it right up.
Jo then helped Daddy feed his fish to the Otters. This experience stuck with Jo. She added an otter to the list of animals that she pretends to be.
They did not have a ton of animals; the stroll through area was quite small. We did get to see some tiny bear cubs, and a Bobcat that Jo loved watching.
and of course they had squirrels.
One of them even tried to eat her jacket.
What a fun place! So many different animals to see up close.
ReplyDelete