Monday, January 14, 2019

Morning Games

 For the last few months, these cute girls have been playing together in their room in the morning before letting us know they are awake and ready to be up. Jocelyn will sometimes climb into Bridget's crib and play with her. Other times she just throws about every stuffed animal we own into her crib.
 They have been playing together really well and it is so fun to watch. Bridget has always just stayed in her crib and they find ways to play together. It is quite nice because I can be lazy in bed for a little while and they let me know when they are ready for breakfast and Bridget is good at yelling out letting me know she is ready to get out of her crib. Bridget has lasted much longer in the crib then Jocelyn did. It is so nice! More crib time=more sleep time for us. Also it means one less kid climbing into our bed in the middle of the night.
There have been a few times when Bridget did not want to go to bed and she would climb up to the top of her crib and sit perched on the top. I would tell her not to do that because she could fall down and get her. She would reply, "Oh, fall down, hurt," and then she would climb back into her crib. On occasion, Jocelyn, would make some comment following mine that if she climbed out the monsters would come get her. I would tell both of them there are no monsters, but big sisters are pretty convincing. Maybe more so than mothers. So, I do not think Bridget believed me. Because after that comment she would tell me at bedtime, "Stay in crib, fall down hurt, monsters get me." However, Thanksgiving morning was a different story!
Ben and I woke up to Bridget and Jocelyn coming into our room. Bridget ran to me and was very excited because she was out of her crib. I asked her, "What are you doing out of your crib?" She replied very proudly, "Got out, fall down hurt, no. Monsters, no get me," Jocelyn told me she caught Bridget so that she wouldn't get hurt. Bridget did not get out of her crib again until after Christmas. This last week Bridget has gotten out of her crib just about every morning (with the help of Jocelyn, I am told). It is about time to convert her crib to a toddler bed. It was a good run. I am not sure if I am ready for this next step, but this little two year old is ready to be a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment