Ben and I have seen a few snow storms each winter that we have lived in Page. However, each snow storm would just lightly dust the ground and was almost always melted by noon. This winter we got a nice surprise a few days after Christmas. It snowed a lot! Like four inches; which is a lot for Page! And it hung around for a couple of days. We were even lucky enough to have a second snow storm shortly after. The snow was the talk of the town. People that have lived in Page for many years told us that it was one of the largest snow storms they can remember in twenty plus years.
Jocelyn and Bridget were thrilled when they woke up to a winter wonderland. They wanted to go out and start playing immediately. Ben and I had to convince them to eat some breakfast first. While they ate I hunted around the house for as much snow gear as I could find. Luckily we have coats, snow pants, and hats. However, Jocelyn and I were the only ones with snow boots and I was the only one with water proof gloves. We were not completely prepared. Luckily it was a pretty warm day and I put lots of the knit gloves in my pocket so that as the girls gloves got soaking wet I could switch theirs out for a dry pair.We walked across the street to the middle school to play in the snow. The girls had fun throwing snowballs at Ben and I. I am a really good Mom. Why you might ask? Well, because I made all of Bridget's snowballs for her and she would turn around and throw them right back at me. We made lots of snow angels, wrote letters in the snow, and made a tiny snowman.
While I was taking a few pictures Jocelyn decided to throw a snowball right at the camera and got the lens all wet. It fogged up immediately and that was the end of picture taking.
Once we ran out of gloves and the girls hands were too cold to continue we walked back home. We cuddled up in blankets and watched a movie together. We had such a fun morning! I miss being able to play in the snow and go sledding. It would be nice if we had at least one snow storm that decided to hang around for a day or two every winter. So, thank you winter weather for sending me some snow that stayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment