Monday, July 1, 2019

Inch Worm Arch

On Saturday, of our Kanab trip, my parents, Lisa, and Travis went for a drive up to Inch Worm Arch. Ben and I took the girls to the Kanab city pool and went swimming. After swimming we stopped and got some lunch and headed back to see if everyone was back. My Dad was a good sport and went out a second time to Inch Worm Arch and he took Ben and I. We found a child's ATV helmet in the garage of the vacation rental just sitting on a shelf, so Jocelyn was super excited she could come along. Bridget was disappointed she did not get to go and shed a few tears. However, she had a good time relaxing, watching movies with Lisa and Travis, and reading stories with my Mom. She even got a much needed nap in that afternoon.
Jocelyn fell asleep on the ride up to the trail head of the hike. I had to sit and hold her head so she was not bouncing all around. It was not the most comfortable ride. She woke right up when we got to the top and loved looking at the cactus blooms on the hike. Inch Worm arch was beautiful. The sun was just behind it highlighting the arch.
I tried to set a timer on the camera to get a group shop and I failed miserably. So, we ended up just taking turns of who was in the picture. 
Jocelyn stayed awake on our drive down. We headed back to the family at the vacation rental. We ended our evening around the fire pit roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores. The girls of course had to share a couple scary stories about monsters, spooky noises, and being in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment