Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happiness

I love the movies Trolls. This might sound silly, but the first time that I watched trolls I actually got emotional, because it had such a cute message. A wonderful reminder that we all have the opportunity to be happy in our life. Happiness is not something that can be found in food, or something that can be bought, it is something that is inside all of us.
I hope that as my girls enjoy watching this movie and listening to the music they can hear that constant reminder that they can choose to always be happy as they go through their lives.

My favorite part of the movie is when Poppy and Branch sing True Colors.
You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged, oh I realize
It's hard to take courage 
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small

Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy 
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
 If this world makes you crazy 
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause I will always be there

And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors 
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow
I hope that I can help my girls understand that they are beautiful, intelligent, and special just they way they are. They do not need to change who they are to be accepted by this world. I hope they always know that no matter what happens Ben and I will always, always love them and they can count on us. I also hope that I can teach them to have strong testimonies of Christ's Atonement and his love for them and that they will know that they are never alone in this life. There is always an open door with a loving Heavenly Father and Savior holding open arms waiting for them to come to them.
So, to my girls in the future when you read this always remember to choose happiness, you will always be loved by your Mom and Dad, and keep the Gospel as a constant in your life.
Never be afraid to show your true colors. Remember, you are beautiful because you are you.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the girls & your beautiful thoughts. It brought tears to my eyes reading it.

    ReplyDelete